Joy Vs Happiness

My first post from Home in a long time. It has been a very intriguing 3 weeks in KYUEM and i've had many meaningful and deep conversations with people. Sorry about the Bangsawan pictures. It will be some time yet before they are up. I was discussing the difference between Joy and Happiness on a jog with one of my college friends.

I said, Happiness is what lasts with you for a fleeting moment. Happiness can come in a split second and leave immediately after. Happiness comes with material possession, Happiness comes with satisfaction of wants. Now lets see what a dictionary has to say about Happiness.

Happiness - noun
1. the quality or state of being happy.
2. good fortune; pleasure; contentment

Those are all the things happiness is. I think i'm relatively close to my mum so i asked her this question. What is happiness? She said, Happiness is something that is insignificant in your life. Anybody can get happy. See a starving child in Sudan. Give him/her food. He's happy.

Is that picture all there is to life? Isn't there Joy?? What is Joy. Joy is a long-term thing. It's that feeling you feel when you wake up in the morning (or in my case at lunch-time) and it gives you a reason to roll of that bed. It's that person lying next to you in bed. It's that energy you feel when you go for a jog. It's that reason you live. That's Joy!
Joy - noun
1. the emotion of great delight or happiness caused by something exceptionally good or satisfying; keen pleasure; elation
2. a source or cause of keen pleasure or delight; something or someone greatly valued or appreciated

I think the dictionary is spot on there. That sums up Joy. That's all i have to say. Any suggestions for Happiness vs Joy? Leave a comment on the board. Good Night.

PS. I'm on Facebook. Add me vikra_the_man@Hotmail.com :D